Yoorala St Community Garden uses a POD system to manage the garden and the communal areas.
PODS are small groups of about 5 or 6 people who take responsibility for the planning, development and maintenance of different parts of the garden.
PODS take it in turns to run the Sunday working bees. POD members meet beforehand to decide what needs to be done, who will look after what task etc. Jobs for the working bee are written up on the blackboard and all garden members are encouraged to help with those tasks. Decisions are reached by consensus.
To join a POD, just speak to the facilitator and/or ask the Garden Secretary to give you the POD facilitator’s email address.
- Maintenance & Construction POD – Management and maintenance of Tools, Equipment and structures used by the Garden (1st Sunday each month)
- Orchard and Fruit Fly POD – Management of the Orchard area of the Garden, including Fruit Fly management (2nd Sunday each month)
- Vegetable POD – Management of the communal Vegetable area of the Garden (3rd Sunday each month)
- Gumnuts POD – Management of the Bush Tucker areas of the garden (4th Sunday each month)
- Plot Holders POD – Management of member’s Plots and related elements.
- Communications POD – Management of Public Relations, Communication and Marketing elements of the Garden.
To join a POD contact the POD facilitator or the Garden Secretary