Working Bees are held every Sunday morning from 8.00am April to October and 4.00pm November to March.
Attendance is voluntary but we encourage all members to attend as often as they can as it spreads the workload and we get a lot more done if many hands are available.
Working bees also help foster the community aspects of the garden – working together as a community is a key goal of the garden.
If you wish to visit the garden and find out what we do, please just turn up at a working bee. There will always be someone to welcome you, and invite you to join in – and give you a gardening task to assist with. New members are always welcomed!
Yoorala St Community Garden uses a POD system to manage the garden and the communal areas.
PODS are small groups who take responsibility for the planning, development and maintenance of different parts of the garden.
PODS take it in turns to run the working bees.
- Maintenance & Construction POD – Management and maintenance of Compost, Tools, Equipment & Structures used by the Garden.
- Orchard and Fruit Fly POD – Management of the Orchard area of the Garden, including Fruit Fly management.
- Vegetable POD – Management of the communal Vegetable area of the Garden.
- Bush Tucker POD – Management of the Bush Tucker areas of the garden.
- Plot Holders – Management of member’s Plots and related elements.